Monday, March 19, 2007

Day 12, 13 & 14: If God is for us who can be against?

Lately, in my praying (late at night) I have been reading the Bible quite a lot. I pray before I begin to read the Bible that God will use the Holy Spirit to guide me in my readings and understanding of what I read. The passages that I will share with you are ones that I have been lead to and that I feel have relevance to what we are praying for. Most of the time, I won't elaborate as to why I feel these passages are relevant to this prayer campaign. I'll leave you to reflect on that for yourself. Feel free, however, to leave your comments and insights -- if you would like.

The following Bible passages come to us from Paul's letters to the Romans:

Sons of God Through Adoption

All who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. You did not receive a spirit of slavery leading you back into fear, but a spirit of adoption through which we cry out, "Abba!" (that is Father).The Spirit himself gives witness with our spirit that we are children of God. But if we are children of God, we are heirs as well: heirs of God, heirs of with Christ, if only we suffer with him so as to be glorified with him. [Romans 8:14-17]

The Spirit too helps us in our weakness, for we do not know how to pray as we ought; but the Spirit himself makes intercession for us with groaning that cannot be expressed in speech. He who searches hearts knows what the Spirit means, for the Spirit intercedes for the saints as God himself wills.[Romans 8:26-27]

Gods Love for Man

We know that God makes all things work together for the good of those who have been called according to his decree. Those whom he foreknew he predestined to share the image of his Son, that the Son might be the first-born of many brothers. Those he predestined, he likewise called; those he called he also justified; and those he justified he in turn glorified.

What shall we say after that? If God is for us, who can be against us? Is it possible that he who did not spare his own Son but handed him over for the sake of us all will not grant us all things besides?Who shall bring a charge against God's chosen ones? God who justifies? Who shall condemn them? Christ Jesus, who died or rather was raised up, who is at the right hand of God and who intercedes for us?

Indomitable Love for Christ

Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Trial, or distress, or persecution, or hunger or nakedness,or danger, or the sword? As Scripture says: "For your sake we are being slain all the day long; we are looked upon as sheep to be slaughtered." Yet in all this we are more than conquerors because of him who loved us. For I am certain that neither death nor life, neither angels nor principalities, neither the present nor the future, nor powers, neither height nor depth nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God that comes to us in Christ Jesus, our Lord. [Romans 8:28-39]



I apologize for not being able to write on Saturday. I did, however, pray. I will not be writing on any Sundays. And there are days where I will group entries into multiple days. Once again,I sincerely thank you for your continued prayers on behalf of this prayer campaign. God Bless each and every one of you. Have a wonderful day!